Welcome to Kids’ Praise Choir!
The Kids' Praise Choir is an exciting ministry opportunity available to your children! We are committed to exposing your child to the Gospel though music and helping your child grow in his/her knowledge of music, the beauty that it contains, and the fact that God created it. We want your children to learn how to worship the Lord with all their heart. We also want them to have the opportunity to serve the Lord through music.
The Kids' Praise Choirs sing in selected worship services, at special events and present a musical concert in the spring. In addition, we look for other outreach opportunities to sing and share God’s music. Past opportunities have included singing at: Local retirement centers, Henry Mayo Newhall Hospital, the Valencia Town Center, Saturday and Sunday school classes, caroling during the Christmas Season, and Angel Breakfast. We have also been involved with a Missions’ project benefiting orphanages in Mexico.
Director of Kids’ Praise Choirs
Purpose of Kids’ Praise Choir
- To encourage children to worship the Lord through music.
- To teach children the blessings of serving the Lord through music
- To enhance and instruct musical skills important to leading in worship.
- To provide evangelistic opportunities through music.
- To develop future church musicians and encourage continuity from age to age.
- To foster the importance of Christian Community.
Ways to Help in Kids’ Praise Choir
- Directors: To prepare and teach music to children, along with assisting them in their knowledge of Christ and helping them in their spiritual walk.
- Assistant Directors: The “right-hand” person for the director, assisting musically as well as in a variety of other tasks.
- Accompanists: To assist the director with music preparation in rehearsal.
- Classroom Helpers: To help the directors with “crowd control” and assisting in any capacity.
- Snack Coordinator: Help schedule snacks during the year and overseeing the process of assuring nutritious snacks are provided weekly. You may also help coordinate parties for holidays and end of the year parties.
- Tech People: These are people that can assist with their gifts in computer, sound, lighting, CD/video production, crafts, or just wonderfully creative in the arts.
When We Meet
Every Wednesday evening beginning in September and continuing through April. We offer the Kids’ Praise Choir from 5:30 - 6:45 p.m. Children ages 4 through 6th grade are invited to attend. The children are divided into separate choirs according to their age/grade level.
For More Information
Contact Lisa Hernacki 661-296-8737 x119